Monday, January 25, 2010

Rolling Metal Cart Static Electricity Or Equipment In Need Of Repair?

Static electricity or equipment in need of repair? - rolling metal cart

Hello!
I work in a team of transport to hospital. My job is to tour the hospital and newborn babies who are sick and need special care to recover.

Our equipment is framed in a metal basket. We need to put the baby incubator, a transport monitor and fan transportation. The vent is not required for its operating current. The business incubator, and monitor the individual internal batteries to keep them when we travel.

The question or problem I have is that we are often surprised when we push the car. Whether we go on a carpet or other flooring. It shocked me rolling on the concrete. I do not want just a bit of a shock, either, sometimes it's really great. It always comes back. Take a step or two, the owner goes into the car and get caught again just as difficult.

I've just written the article by Static load "on foot" and if I understand, it is possible that the static load by a single step.

So it is only static elementsctricity shocking the shit out of me several times, or there is a potential electrical problem with our team, it monitored?

It's happened only once, but once when I was surprised I was not let intentially day, I could feel what is like a mild electrical current pulse for a few seconds. I did not happen again.

I work with every thought that I was wrong to think this is more than just static electricity. I think he needs to see our teams Biomed.

What do you think?
Thank you! MO

5 comments:

Ed said...

I'm glad you said what you think, because I do not know.

If it were a normal shock would have affected a detour from her hands that make the machine, food of all kinds in the machine, on the other side of power by one or more wheels on a surface by the brand shoes to her body .. . I believe this is unlikely. I also hope that the battery voltage is too low to keep you through this journey.

It serves as static electricity, but that it may occur after taking one or two stages. What are the chances that you have a static generator drive wheel involuntary? This could be a part of the rotation, like a fan or a pump. My main concern is the potential impact on children, especially the way you describe. Something very active load, although to only a few steps.

Attach a chain or flexible cable to a conductive surface of the car long enough to move into the tread to minimize static charge to the tensions.

marcello said...

Isolate the place to get your hands ADESIV tapes for electrical insulation and all that brought what is static OK.It wheel is in contact with the surface or plastic on your computer without cotton.

captains... said...

A simple test will show whether it is static or not. Lower the car to the ground and a piece of metal (blade of a screwdriver, a piece of copper wire and even a metal spoon, etc.) to a path to dissipate static charge from the car too clear. Let it touch the ground under the car while being knocked. If it is static, which should solve your problem.

trucktro... said...

I have reviewed the team. It does not sound to me like a static discharge, including the incident that you describe, but the power seemed to pulse for a few seconds.

Peter K said...

An insulated electric car should not have to produce electricity. OK, maybe if you walked by a radar system could get induced currents, but not in a hospital.
I concentrated on the performance of the car before touching. To this end, they have a metal object, such as keys and then press the car. If it is not static, then you get a spark of car keys, but the weather has in its hands the keys down and not feeling well. This is due to static electricity is dissipated over a larger area of the skin instead of a point.

Post a Comment